[Wylug-help] ClamAV help needed

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Mon Jun 16 09:16:18 BST 2008

Re-sending, as I haven't seen the original arrive on-list.

ClamAV is installed on my CentOS box.  I edited the conf file and assumed all
is well.  Clearly it isn't.

Every day I see in logwatch that my signatures are updated, and the database
notified, but if I try to scan a file manually it tells me that my signatures
are 55 days old.

I tried looking at a how-to, in the hope of identifying the problem, but it is
hopelessly out of date, and I reached the stage where it seemed that
following it any further risked my installation.

Can someone please give me a quick run-down of the things I should check.
Clearly freshclam is running, but that's about all I know for certain.