[Wylug-help] Mplayer

glennschultz at talktalk.net glennschultz at talktalk.net
Fri Mar 7 10:26:37 GMT 2008

Howdy!
I've had yet another problem with mplayer - I managed to get it working (eventually) but then downloaded a package of updates and yet again it stopped the mplayer in it's tracks!? I've tried reading the documentation on the mplayer website but not being an IT professional it means absolutely nothing to me.? The video starts downloading then shows 'stopped' then continues and finally says 'download complete' but when I hit the play button it just says 'stopped' again.? What am I doing wrong???? Incidentally is there anywhere I can go to start learning about Linux because I can't get it off my machine so I'm stuck with it but I have no idea what any of the guidance is talking about......Compiling from source???Parsing???Resolving dependencies????? I've worked out the the language used is nominally English but that's as far as I've got!!!
Thanks in advance
Glenn