[Wylug-help] Mplayer

Imran Javeed imran.javeed at i-ksolutions.com
Fri Mar 7 19:45:10 GMT 2008

Howdy!
I've had yet another problem with mplayer - I managed to get it working (eventually) but then downloaded a package of updates and yet again it stopped the mplayer in it's tracks!? I've tried reading the documentation on the mplayer website but not being an IT professional it means absolutely nothing to me.? @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Glenn...

take your time, there's no quick fix( unless your lucky or linus is about). Learn where the log files are for what your using. Once you get a grasp of the linux way of thinking, you'll be fine and it will just be the case of posting your errors with other lug members advising you to "check this" and "try that".

Once you've got some raw errors to show post them.

Ideally before asking for help, a good thing to do is

A) provide info about your distro-- redhat, gentoo, debian....etc
B) Error messages, post them, you can never post enough as google will cache them and someone else might be able to guide you further.
And finally C ) slow down, how many of us have spent countless nights on these kinds of problems. It takes a calm, logical mind to find the answers. So chill out...

Once you've got some beef, bring it to the table,

I'm sure we would all love to tuck in,

Well I certainly will be

Imran
Regards