[Wylug-help] Gnome Screenshot Shortcut Without A Print Key

Simon Ward simon at bleah.co.uk
Mon Mar 24 16:31:37 GMT 2008

On Mon, Mar 24, 2008 at 01:44:39PM +0000, Dave Fisher wrote:
> My current laptop is a MacBook ... which doesn't have a Print key.
>
> I want to screenshot application windows inside Ubuntu and MS-Windows
> Virtual Machines and the clunky OSX screenshot app doesn't seem able to
> do that.
>
> I guess that if I could generate the scan code for a print key, I could
> use a standard gnome screenshot in Ubuntu, but I don't know how to do
> that.

You should be able to edit the keyboard shortcut by opening Keyboard
Shortcuts from the Preferences / Gnome Control Center.

> I can probably use Ksnapshot, but I'd prefer not to install yet another
> duplicate function app on an already over-burdened system.

An alternative is to use the ImageMagick ‘import’ command from the
command line, which may already be installed.

I’m afraid I don’t know how to get around it in Windows.

Simon
simple system that works.
    — John Gaule