[Wylug-help] Driving Projectors from a linux laptop

John Cooper john at choffee.co.uk
Thu Nov 27 09:20:13 UTC 2008

On Wed, Nov 05, 2008 at 10:40:42AM +0000, Mark Ruddell wrote:
> Andy Coulson wrote:
> > Good Morning,
> >
> > I've just realised one (hopefully temporary) flaw in  my switch to Linux
> > plan.  I tried to hook up my laptop to a data projector  and of course
> > it didn't work..  I assume I need to put the data projector in as a
> > second screen in Xorg config, but how do I format that?  Can i get the
> > hot keys working to switch between internal , external and internal and
> > external screens (I think Alt-F7 on my Sony).  I'm running Ubuntu Hardy
> > with the 6.24.21 kernel

You may want to have a look at the xrandr command. With a recent version
of Xorg you should not need to setup much for the X config. I would also suggest
that getting a fairly recent version of Linux will also help as they are
improving laptop and X support all the time.

john

--
John Cooper
http://choffee.co.uk/