[Wylug-help] mail server problems

Mike Goodman mike.goodman at zen.co.uk
Fri Oct 3 21:00:40 UTC 2008

Simon Hickling wrote:
> I think (!!) that your mail is going out to the NTL server which is then rejecting it because it doesn't recognise your IP and thinks you're spamming.  The rejection is bouncing to postmaster, which is probably aliased to root.
>

> I had something similar happen recently setting up Zimbra. That was solved by spoofing the relay address in Zimbra iirc.
>
> I realise this won't fix your problem, but it might point you in the right direction
>
> If I think of anything else I'll let you know.
>
> Cheers
>
> Simon

 From the headers, it seems it is being bounced to root as a catchall
for the server so is there an alias from that email address to local
user roger? If not, the server could be shipping it out, so Simon's
comment may well be correct.

Otherwise, possibly a mailbox problem, viz:
postconf -e 'home_mailbox = Maildir/'
postconf -e 'mailbox_command ='
/etc/init.d/postfix restart

HTH.