[Wylug-help] mail server problems

Roger Beaumont roger at roger-beaumont.co.uk
Sat Oct 4 04:25:00 UTC 2008

Mike Goodman wrote:
>  From the headers, it seems it is being bounced to root as a catchall
>  for the server so is there an alias from that email address to local
>  user roger? If not, the server could be shipping it out, so Simon's
>  comment may well be correct.

I'm guessing that it does go to root as 'postmaster' but can't figure
out why.

>  Otherwise, possibly a mailbox problem, viz: postconf -e 'home_mailbox
>  = Maildir/' postconf -e 'mailbox_command =' /etc/init.d/postfix
>  restart

I did those, but no change...

FWIW, there are 2 of those DUL messages, then the message I sent.

BTW, on the old box 'service fetchmail start/stop/restart' works, but on
the new one that returns: 'fetchmail: unrecognised service', instead,
'fetchmail' starts the daemon and I have to use 'killall fetchmail' to
stop it.  My guess is that that is connected to the version of
fetchmail, according to 'fetchmail -V' that's:
6.2.5+RPA+NTLM+SDPS+SSL+INET6+NLS on the old box and
6.3.6+GSS+RPA+NTLM+SDPS+SSL+HESIOD+NLS+KRB4+KRB5 on the new one.

Roger