[Wylug-help] mail server problems

Roger Beaumont roger at roger-beaumont.co.uk
Sat Oct 4 04:52:57 UTC 2008

More info:

Stopping the fetchmail daemon on the new box, starting it on the old
box, and setting the 'Server settings' on the third to access dovecot on
the old one gives error free operation - no DUL messages, just the
correct arrival (via the old box) of the test message sent from the
third box.

Since dovecot does seem to give IMAP access on both and fetchmail also
seems to collect messages on both, I'm guessing its a postfix issue,
though /root/.fetchmailrc does need to be different on each server: on
the old box it's actually polling 3 mail servers - the current one plus
my two previous, defunct, mail accounts; on the new one, I've chopped
off those two out of date accounts, and 'user
"roger at roger-beaumont.co.uk" there with password "************" is user
"roger" here' has to change to, 'user "roger at roger-beaumont.co.uk" there
with password "***********" is "roger" here' to avoid identifying 2
local accounts, both 'roger' and 'user'.

Roger