[Wylug-help] rtl8185 wireless card

Don Magee don at leedsweb.dyndns.org
Sat Sep 13 07:43:36 UTC 2008

I'm using WEP but it still fails with no security. It does 4 attempts at
authentication and then fails.

This is the output from dmesg with security turned off at the AP.

wlan0: Initial auth_alg=0
wlan0: authenticate with AP 00:0c:41:12:13:2d
wlan0: authenticate with AP 00:0c:41:12:13:2d
wlan0: authenticate with AP 00:0c:41:12:13:2d
wlan0: authentication with AP 00:0c:41:12:13:2d timed out

/var/log/messages just moans about dhcp failure but we didn't associate
so it couldn't work.

Don Magee