[Wylug-help] FC7 to FC9 upgrade - keyboard shortcuts stopped working

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Thu Apr 9 10:10:57 UTC 2009

On Thursday 09 April 2009 09:22:58 Gary Stainburn wrote:
> On Wednesday 08 April 2009 10:49:55 Anne Wilson wrote:
> > SystemSettings > Keyboard and Mouse > Keyboard Shortcuts - amend or
> > create as necessary.  BTW, if you are not yet updated to KDE 4.2.2, get
> > it as soon as you can, as a lot of problems are fixed there.
> >
> > Anne
>
> Hi Anne,
>
> Thanks for this.  However, when I tried to follow the instructions the menu
> structure you say above didn't exist.

Possibly part of the problem is that Fedora sometimes use all-lowercase
filenames and sometimes mixed-case.  In this case the command, if you did it
from the CLI, is systemsettings, but from a gui it is SystemSettings.  It has
a crossed-tools icon.

> I didn't have KDE 4.2.2 installed but it was installed as part of a 'yum
> update'.

That shouldn't have been a problem.  My F9 box and F10 netbook both got it
through updates.

> I don't know if this has solved the problem as when I rebooted having
> completed the yum update my system wouldn't boot with GRUB barfing.

Hmm - yes, something has definitely gone wrong, then.  That shouldn't have
happened.  GRUB was not touched on either of mine.

> I saw this as an excelent oportunity to do a new clean install, which I
> started last night and will finish next week.

Good luck, then.  Let me know if I can help with any KDE4 questions.  What I
can't answer myself I can often get answers to from the devs in quiestion :-)