[Wylug-help] ClamAV - again :-(

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Thu Apr 23 06:27:14 UTC 2009

Every time there is an update to ClamAV I run into trouble.  I had just got
the problems solved from the last update, a couple of weeks ago, then another
update appeared this week.  Freshclam reports

daily.cld updated (version: 9270, sigs: 44100, f-level: 42, builder: acab)
    Database updated (544767 signatures) from db.gb.clamav.net (IP:
217.135.32.99)
    WARNING: Clamd was NOT notified: Can't connect to clamd through
/tmp/clamd.socket

service clamd status
clamd (pid 4035) is running...

ls -l  /tmp/clamd.socket
srwxrwxrwx 1 clamav clamav 0 Apr 22 10:20 /tmp/clamd.socket

What am I missing, this time?  I'm utterly frustrated with clamav.