[Wylug-help] Need to re-access old data after Mediawiki upgrade

John Hodrien J.H.Hodrien at leeds.ac.uk
Mon Apr 27 16:08:46 UTC 2009

On Mon, 27 Apr 2009, Dave Fisher wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Hopefully there is a mediawiki user out there who can help med with the
> folowing questions.
>
> Does media wiki store all of its data in /var/lib/mysql/wikidb, by
> default? (debian/ubuntu).

That sounds believable, although it's not accessing that directly, since it's
going through mysql.  So the actual on-disk location is irrelevent.

> If so, how do I get a new installation to use the stuff in that
> directory?

Copy the database details out of the old install's LocalSettings.php.

jh

--
"A man ceases to be a beginner in any given science and becomes a master in
  that science when he has learned that he is going to be a beginner all his