[Wylug-help] Need to re-access old data after Mediawiki upgrade

Mark Randall randall.mark at gmail.com
Mon Apr 27 16:17:47 UTC 2009

> > If so, how do I get a new installation to use the stuff in that
> > directory?
>
> Copy the database details out of the old install's LocalSettings.php.
>
> Hi -

I wouldn't rely on just a copy of LocalSettings.php without first running
the upgrade script.

Depending on how old your mediawiki database is, you can try to upgrade the
database by following the instructions on the mediawiki website:
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Upgrading. Otherwise, I would suggest
upgrading to an in-between version beforehand...

It is really easy - usually I just run the script but then have to copy the
upload directory to get any uploaded files across - plus any extensions or
themes you have added need to be copied over.

You certainly need to run the upgrade scripts, since this takes care of any
changes to the DB structure.

Cheers,

Mark