[Wylug-help] System hangs on USB - same error on different hardware and kernels

Felix Ulrich-Oltean linux at felixu.com
Wed Dec 30 20:36:46 UTC 2009

Hi again

I've now tried installing Ubuntu 9 (also tried running the live cd
version of it), but the system still hangs.

I tried not having any SATA devices, but using an old IDE hard drive
instead - same problem, i.e. system hangs after all the messages about
ehci_hcd.

I've also tried disabling the USB stuff in the BIOS - no change.

I can get a "rescue" boot going from the Debian install CD if I append
the "nousb" option to the installation command.

Does anyone know what GRUB commands the Debian "install nousb" uses.  I
believe the nousb thing is just a debian install command, but I'm not
sure that the options are if I tried to pass them to the "kernel"
command in grub.

Any help appreciated,

Thanks,

Felix.