[Wylug-help] Memory card -SOLVED

Philip Wyett philwyett at gmx.com
Sun Feb 8 18:39:54 UTC 2009

On Sun, 2009-02-08 at 18:13 +0000, Douglas G Mckendrick wrote:
> It seems that linux has not yet got support for the memory card, due to
> the sandisk/sony consortiums proprietry formats.  A cheap usb reader now
> seems the easiest option.
> Thanks to Craig for his help, and appologies to phil for me not having
> registered this email address for wylug-help.
>
> Cheers all
>
> Doug

Is this a memory card you use in a Sony camera?

If yes, try this...

Press the "MENU" button in the camera, and navigate through the various
menu options until, in "“Setup 2" menu page, you find the "USB Connect:"
option. Ideally, it should be set to "Auto" -and it should work, of
course. If it doesn't, set it to "Mass Storage", then set the camera
into Play mode, and see if the computer recognizes it. If it doesn't,
and just for the heck of it, try the "USB Connect:" > “PTP” mode, and
try again.

Regards

Phil