[Wylug-help] Gnome Toolbar Placement

Smylers Smylers at stripey.com
Mon Jul 13 13:51:38 UTC 2009

How in Gnome (I'm running 2.26.1) does one configure which screen
toolbars appear on?

I thought middle-dragging could be used, but either I've mis-remembered
or that no longer works.

In particular if I configure a second screen and put it above the
laptop's built-in screen then the existing toolbars jump to the external
one.  I'd like to keep them on the screen that I can still see even if
the external monitor has been unplugged!

(If I configure the external screen to be below the built-in one then
the toolbars stay on the laptop screen.  But since the external screen's
stand makes it physically higher on the desk than the laptop's that
leaves me having to move the mouse pointer down from the lower physical
screen to get on to t'other one; moving up is significantly easier to
cope with.)

Thanks.

Smylers