[Wylug-help] Gnome Panel Placement

Smylers Smylers at stripey.com
Mon Jul 13 15:08:59 UTC 2009

John Hodrien writes:

> On Mon, 13 Jul 2009, Smylers wrote:
>
> > How in Gnome (I'm running 2.26.1) does one configure which screen
> > [panels] appear on?
> >
> > I thought middle-dragging could be used, but either I've
> > mis-remembered or that no longer works.
>
> That's the case in 2.22.  They've not added a 'lock' or similar as a
> property of the toolbar?

Possibly a panel's right-click menu use to have a 'Lock panel' option,
but mine definitely don't now (and nor is it in 'Panel Properties').

Also possibly in 2.26 panels are unlocked by default, but I've got a
GConf setting which was written my the menu entry when it did exist and
still has effect.

Smylers

PS:  Apologies for originally writing "toolbar" when I meant "panel".