[Wylug-help] OT: Web design problem

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Wed May 13 08:59:43 UTC 2009

I wonder if someone here can point me in the right direction.  I'm the
webmaster for a club site, which I inherited.  The design was messy, and no
better than I can do myself, and was getting harder to maintain with every
addition to the site.  I was discussing this with an on-line friend who
offered to reorganise the site for me.  We agreed on using frames (yes, I know
they are not flavour of the day/month/year, but they best suited plans I have
for the site).  He did the .css for me and a few pages to show me what needed
doing, and I've tackled the rest of the pages.  There are a few layout
wrinkles to correct, but by and large everything is working except for one
page.

The page in question runs a .swf file.  On the old version it ran  without a
problem, but I can't get it to run on the new one.  I thought I had copied in
all the relevant code from the old page, but I'm wondering if there is
something that I need preloaded, for instance, that I may have missed.  What I
need is for someone experienced to look at the source code for the page and
say something like 'it will never run because it can't find xyz'.

If you can spare a moment to help me with this, please go to
http://www.eastpenninekoi-club.co.uk,  click on SHOWS, then Closed Show 2007.

Thanks for your time