[Wylug-help] Orange Livebox WIFI and Fedora Linux on a DELL

Lee Evans lee at leeevans.org
Thu Nov 5 11:29:19 UTC 2009

Hi Gary,

I would try changing the channel back to something between 1 and 11. 13 is
not part of the original specification, and your laptop or driver may not
accept it.

Try knocking the security down from WPA-PSK to 64 bit WEP. Again, some old
cards and drivers don't support the newer WPA-PSK (you didn't say what
laptop).

Also make sure that your router is set to 802.11 a / b / g / n mode which
matches with those supported by your laptop / wifi card

There's no such thing as 'pairing' in WiFi - it's probably a WPS button, and
I've only ever known them to cause problems - it's trying to simplify
something that shouldn't be too complicated in the first place. I would set
your wifi config manually in the router, and work from there on the laptop

HTH
Lee