[Wylug-help] Orange Livebox WIFI and Fedora Linux on a DELL

Gary Stainburn gary.stainburn at ringways.co.uk
Thu Nov 5 13:05:31 UTC 2009

Hi Lee,

The laptop is fairly new, just a few months old. Admittedly I've not tried it
on anything else that uses WPA-PSK. it's a DELL Vostro 1510.

I think the 'Pairing' on the Livebox is an added security measure, in that it
only accepts WIFI connections from new devices while in pairing mode,
otherwise it will only talk to previously paired devices.  Not something I've
come across before, but seems to have been on these boxes since 2006.

I'll try changing the channel and also try WEP and see what happens.

Gary