[Wylug-help] Tables in WordPress

Roger roger at roger-beaumont.co.uk
Sat Nov 14 18:44:31 UTC 2009

Anne Wilson wrote:
> Sometimes I need to include a table in a blog, and I'm finding that I spend
> ages trying to get it to display reasonably well - and it's not brilliant even
> when I've finished.  There has to be some way of doing this, but I can't find
> it.
<snip>
> Maybe I could find an html/tables tutorial (my html expertise is primitive)
> and embed it directly into the code?

It all depends on the data, but basically:

     <th>    <!--  Table Header - for the head of each column  -->
        Header text
     </th>   <!--  close header for column 1 -->
     <th>
        repeat for all columns
     </th>
       datum one
       repeat for all columns
       Repeat for all columns within all rows

The w3schools reference for tables is at:
  http://www.w3schools.com/html/html_tables.asp
where you'll find all the stuff about attributes for each tag, but the
defaults (no attributes) are often fine and render adequately in all
browsers.

Hope that helps,