[Wylug-help] Faulty File Manager

Richard Ibbotson richard.ibbotson at googlemail.com
Sun Apr 18 20:24:59 UTC 2010

Doug

> I'm running Ubuntu 9.10.  Any help on where to start looking for
> the problem will be much appreciated.

Have you checked the permissions ?...

http://www.psychocats.net/ubuntu/permissions
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/FilePermissions

That might be why you are locked out of your own folder.  I find that
Ubuntu likes to change its own permissions without telling me which
sounds odd but it does do that to me.  Must be a bug in the system
somewhere.  I got fed up with this due to editors writing back to me
about being unable to open any work that I send them for magazines.
Finally deleted it and put Fedora 12 in.  I was going to use openSuSE
but the 11.2 installer refused to boot with my hardware.

ls -l /home/doug

Richard
www.sheflug.org.uk