[Wylug-help] Thunderbird mbox

Roger Greenwood rogerggbr at googlemail.com
Sat Apr 24 08:45:35 UTC 2010

Hi
My main inbox got a bit big (14000 messages) and Thunderbird crashed.
These 2 things may not be related, but I deleted a few and got it down
to about 8500. Since then, however, I am having to rebuild the index
every time I use Thunderbird. Other inboxes, for other accounts, are
unaffected.
Anyone seen this or more importantly know how to fix it?
I did look up a few limits, and in theory came nowhere near, but I am
very vague on working with mbox files so comments/suggestions appreciated.
(Using Ubuntu 9.10 on a Dell Inspiron 1525, loads of disk space)
Cheers,
Roger G.