[Wylug-help] extra HTML properties for access by javascript

Gary Stainburn gary.stainburn at ringways.co.uk
Thu Feb 4 11:48:52 UTC 2010

Hi folks.

I have table with an onclick event that I want to pass arguments to based on
the TR that is clicked.

In other words I want to add extra properties to the TR object.  I can do this
within javascript, but can I do it straight from HTML? I want to do something
like:

<TR id="13"  VehID="20">

so that in javascript I can then read vehID as a property of the TR object

In Mozilla, it just ignores any properties it doesn't expect. Not tried it in
IE yet

Gary
--
Gary Stainburn