[Wylug-help] application panel missing in KDE

Gary Stainburn gary.stainburn at ringways.co.uk
Mon Jan 11 13:49:09 UTC 2010

On Monday 11 January 2010 10:34:00 Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Monday 11 January 2010 10:14:44 Gary Stainburn wrote:
> > Hi folks.
> >
> > On one of my desktop machines, running FC10 and kde4.3 I've managed to
> > remove the applicatio panel from the bar at the bottom of my screen.
> >
> > Can anyone tell me how to get it back. I've tried going through the add
> > widget dialogs etc., but can't find what I need to add.
>
> You were looking in the right place.  Add widgets > Task Manager.  (Don't
> forget that F10 is nearing EOL)
>
> Anne

Thanks for that Anne, all sorted.

I have a FC11 system on my DELL laptop, which fixed all the hardware issues I
had with FC10 on that box.  However, I seem to remember that the recommended
upgrade route from 10 to 11 is a clean install. This is what I did for the
laptop, but for this desktop, I would rather not have to do that if possible.

What are people's experiences with doing a normal upgrade? Are there many
gotcha's that would pevent it working for me?

--
Gary Stainburn