[Wylug-help] Vodafone iphone email push via Linux/exim

Lee Evans lee at leeevans.org
Thu Jan 14 13:40:17 UTC 2010

Hi Gary,

I think you might struggle

I imagine the blackberries are working through Blackberry Internet Service -
this will be doing the IMAP/POP send and receive on your behalf and then
presenting it as a 'push' experience to the handset. This obviously relies
on the middleware BIS component

How many users are you talking about? Maybe you could try using Googlemail
in the middle (which works in a 'push' fashion on the iPhone and which can
collect your IMAP email, too) for a similar result?

Cheers

Lee