[Wylug-help] Chrome vs Firfox / Iceweasel

Felix Ulrich-Oltean linux at felixu.com
Tue May 25 21:25:56 UTC 2010

Hi

At the moment I'm using Debian stable, which has an early Firefox 3
(or Iceweasel as they call it on Debian).  I was going to install
either Google Chrome or the latest Firefox.  I've tried Chrome at work
on a Vista machine and I like it - I just wondered from a trust point
of view what people thought about a Google product versus a
community-built (or at least community-scrutinised) product like
Firefox from the Mozilla people.

I would (possibly naively) trust Mozilla over other non-open-source
software producers.  Google's stuff is great, just don't know whether
to install their software on my computer.

Am I being silly?  Any comments, suggestions, etc?

Thanks,

Felix.