[Wylug-help] Fetchmail setup

A J Cole ajcole at ajcole.org
Thu Nov 25 17:45:33 UTC 2010

It may amuse some of you (Nigel certainly) that my out of order replies are
a side-effect of procmail: all my list (and some other) incoming mail is
(de-duplicated) and filtered into specific mailboxes or, sometimes and/or,
(my preference) delivered to my mbox if I appear in the address lines.

That brings up a feature of procmail - items of importance being sent to
multiple lists will (by default) only be delivered to the the first match
in the rules.  The only time this caught me recently was James sending
a WYLUG announcement to Geekup and WYLUG and it only being delivered to
my Geekup mailbox.  Easily sorted - but best not by swapping the WYLUG
ruleset to before the Geekup ruleset!.

Still thats one of the problems with ordered rules firing on first match
and my .procmailrc certainly reflects it.  I have wondered, from time to
time, if anyone had produced a pre-processor from rules with expressed
constarints to generate a .procmailrc.

Andrew