[Wylug-help] Unstoppable script

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Mon Nov 29 11:28:28 UTC 2010

In a recent Linux Magazine, Charly Kühnast talked about a script that would
email the sysadmin the moment someone logged in to the server, so quickly that
it would be impossible to stop it.  Since I've seen some attacks (thankfully
unsuccessful so far) I'd like to try this.  Two questions, then,

Is /etc/rc.d the correct place for it, or is there a better?
Should it be owned root:root?

Oh, and the third question -

How can I activate something that should run from bootup, without rebooting
the server?

KDE Community Working Group