[Wylug-help] BTInternet and Thunderbird

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Thu Oct 7 18:23:33 UTC 2010

Somewhat OT, so apologies.  I need to help a user set up Thunderbird for a
BTInternet mail account.  (She uses a Windows laptop for work and a Linux
netbook when she's away from home, so TB has a definite appeal.)  She has been
using webmail recently, but has used Mozilla mail in the past, so isn't too
fazed by the idea of doing it.  However, she has mailed me and said that her
password, as she enters it on the webmail page, doesn't work in TB.  Can
anyone tell me whether she needs "@btinternet" on her username, or anything
else she may have overlooked.  BT don't seem to have an easily found page with
mail settings on it - but then, they seem hell-bent on having you use only
their web interface.

KDE Community Working Group