[Wylug-help] RAID etc. revisited...

Roger roger at roger-beaumont.co.uk
Sat Sep 25 12:10:34 UTC 2010

On 25/09/2010 11:12, Roger wrote:
> Oops!
<etc>

More info...

I've no idea why that 'no partition table' error appeared.  Rechecking
all the drives gave sensible results the intended tables on the 1T
drives, no table on the 1.5Ts (I've created one on one of them, ready
for the next step - adding the new drive to the array to get a mirror of
the 750G drive).

I still can't get the system to boot without that 750GB drive connected.
  I set the 'bootable' flag on one of the 1T drives (and eventually
remembered to write, not just quit), but that wasn't enough...  What
else have I forgotten?

An odd error with email (fetchmail, dovecot, then thunderbird via IMAP):
some messages are shown with the wrong header info (Subject, From &
date), in the inbox message list, but when looking at the message
itself, the header shown there matches the message.  On the other hand,
the headers in the list match up with messages I have been expecting...
  Does anyone know where this glitch is likely to be located - is it in
thunderbird's housekeeping info (on my Doze laptop), or in dovecot (on
the server, with the RAID)?

Again, TIA,

Roger