[Wylug-help] Which distro?

A J Cole ajcole at ajcole.org
Fri Aug 5 13:40:50 UTC 2011

>On 04/08/2011 20:28, A J Cole wrote:
>> Hope this may still be some use ...
>>
>>> Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2011 10:54:53 +0100
>>> From: Roger<roger at roger-beaumont.co.uk>
>>>
>>> A friend is at last becoming disenchanted with 'Doze.
><snip>
>>
>> Whatever distribution you go for I would strongly suggest virtualising
>> the existing XP system.  I have been using VMware Creator for this very
>> purpose for years to virtualise NT, XP and Vista iron before recycling.
>> Conversion to VBox isn't too difficult.
>
>Hi Andrew,
>
>Er, sorry for my ignorance, but please what does, "virtualising" mean?

My definition would be something like "taking a running operating system
image (running on real iron) and converting/processing it to run as a
virtual machine".

Its particularly beneficial with MS OSs with years of accumulated software
and settings!

Just one of the many benefis of virtualisation I should add.

Andrew