[Wylug-help] Which distro?

Martyn Ranyard ranyardm at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 13:53:22 UTC 2011

Hi Andrew,

On 4 August 2011 20:28, A J Cole <ajcole at ajcole.org> wrote:

> Hope this may still be some use ...

<snip>

> Whatever distribution you go for I would strongly suggest virtualising
> the existing XP system.  I have been using VMware Creator for this very
> purpose for years to virtualise NT, XP and Vista iron before recycling.
> Conversion to VBox isn't too difficult.

Whoa! That seems like a really useful tool, as I'm about to convert my work
machine to Linux so I can work faster, but there are rumblings afoot about
what might happen if I'm not using Outlook for calendar sharing etc.

I'm assuming you mean VMware vCenter Converter as I can't find anything
apart from loads and loads of "try our distro in vmware with our vmware
creator tool" when I search for VMware Creator?  If not, care to share a
url?

Cheers
--
Martyn