[Wylug-help] Slow Internet with Ubuntu 11.04

James Holden wylug at jamesholden.net
Thu Sep 1 20:15:03 UTC 2011

On Thu, 2011-09-01 at 18:45 +0200, Trevor Noland wrote:
> 03:00.0 Network controller: Atheros Communications Inc. AR9287
> Wireless Network Adapter (PCI-Express) (rev 01)

This is the wireless card, and there's a launchpad bug open for it:

(although it's a bit thin on detail)

Elsewhere, there is a suggestion that the hardware encryption may be the
issue.

First, try turning off encryption on your wireless network. If that
improves things, turn it back on and try the procedure detailed here:

http://askubuntu.com/questions/40876/how-do-i-get-an-atheros-ar9287-working

This (I think) leaves the encryption to software instead of hardware. I
shouldn't matter which is used.

James

--
James Holden                     Developer, SEO, Technology Consultant
http://jamesholden.net/                          Leeds, United Kingdom