[Wylug-help] Slow Internet with Ubuntu 11.04 (Last Post?)

Smylers Smylers at stripey.com
Sat Sep 3 09:35:50 UTC 2011

Trevor Noland writes:

> I placed my new laptop beside my old desktop ... Both are connected to
> the same LAN, the desktop via a cable to the router/hub, the laptop
> via WiFi to the same router,

You could try connecting your laptop using a cable, rather than wifi. If
that works, it's definitely a problem with the wireless rather than your
internet connection.

You could also take your laptop to somewhere else that has wifi and see
if you get the same problems there. If wireless works fine there, it
suggests the problem is with your home router.

Smylers
--
Watch fiendish TV quiz 'Only Connect' (some questions by me)
Mondays at 20:30 on BBC4, or iPlayer: http://www.bbc.co.uk/onlyconnect