[Wylug-help] EXIM, Postgresql and database replication

Gary Stainburn gary.stainburn at ringways.co.uk
Fri Apr 20 12:35:43 UTC 2012

Hi folks,

I am rolling out another Exim mail server into a new site that I am setting
up.  Based on replies from last week I am going to look into using Postgresql
instead of flat files for aliases etc.  I have a couple of questions. My aim
is to roll this out to my 3 existing mail servers if I like the look of it.

One of the reasons I want to do this is for the reverse alias lookup that I
asked about last week. As well as being able to convert gary.stainburn@ to
gstainb for local delivery I want to be able to convert gstainb back to
gary.stainburn@ for vacation messages etc.

1) Does anyone have example Exim and SQL setups that I could crib from?

2) For speed and reliability I want to host the database on the same server as
Exim. This will mean having multiple databases.  What is the best method of
keeping these database copies syncronised?

Gary