[Wylug-help] DHCP / dynamic DNS over a number of sites

Richard Ibbotson richard.ibbotson at googlemail.com
Tue Jul 3 13:23:50 UTC 2012

Gary

> I'm now looking to use dynamic DNS with updates from the DHCP
> servers. Can anyone point me to *simple* instructions on how to set
> this up, ideally so that updates from one DHCP server are visible
> on all three DNS servers

This is as simple as I can make it.  I use ddclient with DyDNS...

http://dyn.com/dns/
http://dyn.com/support/clients/linux/ddclient/

'yum install ddclient'

Takes a few minutes to install and work but I've never have a problem.
Paying something like £20 for a years use of DyDNS is well worth the
money.  Will support more than one client for the same payment.  Very
reliable.

--
Richard
http://www.sheflug.org.uk