[Wylug-help] fedup upgrade to 18 broke my touchpad on DELL Vostro

Richard Ibbotson richard.ibbotson at googlemail.com
Wed Jun 12 09:57:04 UTC 2013

On Wednesday 12 Jun 2013 10:00:48 Gary Stainburn wrote:
> and all seemed to go fine - no errors that I saw. However, having
> completed the upgrade the touchpad in my DELL Vostro has stopped
> working. It seems to view it as a PS/2 mouse but then it doesn't
> work, neither the pad or the buttons.

Just as a general comment.  My desktop fedup upgrade to FC18 from FC17
also broke. I have a friend who builds PHP sites and installs web
servers.   Does a lot of work for some well known companies.  His
various web servers broke when he did the upgrade.  He has now moved
to Scientific Linux.

I have now moved to something else.  Even though I like present
versions of Fedora.  I was unable to produce this kind of thing -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCtXFdERRCw - with FC18.  Desktop and
kdenlive and openshot and Mate crashing all of the time.

--
Richard

www.sheflug.org.uk

https://twitter.com/SleepyPenguin1