[Wylug-help] fedup upgrade to 18 broke my touchpad on DELL Vostro

Simon Greenwood sfgreenwood at gmail.com
Mon Jun 17 16:15:07 UTC 2013

On 12 June 2013 10:56, Gary Stainburn <gary.stainburn at ringways.co.uk> wrote:

> My USB logitech mouse works fine.
> The touchpad works if I boot in runlevel 3
> running Xorg config made no difference
> In KDE "System Settings" -> "Input Devices" the touchpad tab is disabled.

 If you can find the settings for the touchpad from another installation
you can add them manually but as Richard suggested you might want to try
another distribution as there would appear to be other issues.

I support a lot of Centos machines and run Xubuntu on desktops these days
and I haven't really been convinced by Fedora as either a server or a
desktop distribution for a long time as every new version seems to break
something. Scientific Linux does seem to be a good middle ground for both
if you don't need cutting edge or rock solid stability.

s/

--
Twitter: @sfgreenwood
"TBA are particularly glib"