[Wylug-help] windows eight

James Holden wylug at jamesholden.net
Wed May 15 17:30:49 UTC 2013

On Sat, May 11, 2013 at 08:07:51PM +0100, jh wrote:
> hello,
> first of all i'm not computer illiterate. but i'm struggling with trying to install linux mint.
> i've recently bought a new laptop with the windows eight operating system, which is terrible. i fancied linux mint so i thought i'd try it on my old laptop as a dual boot system, but the internet/wireless settings would not transfer. after checking with various forums and hours of messing about, i gave up on that one. so i downloaded a 64 bit version for the new laptop. wanting to install linux and remove windows after checking forums and youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H171_m2HxwI and hours of messing about i  gave up. can anyone please assist.

Hi John,

As I mentioned in the email I sent you earlier, it seems to be do-able
according to a cursory Google search.

Your best course of action to get help from the list is to post a reply
detailing the steps you followed in your attempts and what happenned (including
error messages) when you hit a dead end.

That way, somebody will probably be able to see what the issue is.

Best regards,

James