[Wylug-help] HTTPS alternative

Nigel Metheringham nigel at dotdot.it
Wed Nov 6 14:25:52 UTC 2013

Although I like the idea of CAcert, and have supported them in the past,
they are basically their own little getto with poor support in browsers
(other than getting end users to add CA keys to them).

However StartCom do produce completely free basic 1 year SSL
certificates for individuals.  The UI is a bit clunky (although I have
never seen a slick SSL certificate handling UI), but the ability to get
decent cross browser support for nowt is a huge plus.  We use these
certs for the exim.org sites - https://lists.exim.org/

	https://www.startssl.com/?app=1

	Nigel.
--
[ Nigel Metheringham ------------------------------ nigel at dotdot.it ]
[                 Ellipsis Intangible Technologies                  ]