[Wylug-help] HTTPS alternative

James Holden wylug at jamesholden.net
Wed Nov 6 12:18:20 UTC 2013

On Wed, Nov 06, 2013 at 10:57:13AM +0000, John Leach wrote:
> On 06/11/13 06:24, sh2515+linux wrote:
>
> you can get a free ssl certificate from cacert.org. They're recognised
> by browsers in Ubuntu, Debian, CentOS and many other distros. Windows
> and Mac and other OS users can install the cert easily enough too -
> http://www.cacert.org/index.php?id=3

As an alternative, if you want Windows clients to "just work", there are some
very cheap options around. I use PositiveSSL for some of my projects and I've
never had an issue with the certificates being rejected. Certificates start
from about a fiver a year:

http://www.namecheap.com/ssl-certificates/comodo.aspx

Best regards,

James