[Wylug-help] cname and A host

Turker Sezer turkersezer at tsdesign.info
Wed Nov 20 22:30:36 UTC 2013

> On 19 Kas 2013, at 08:30, linux <linux at sh2515.plus.com> wrote:
>
> Thanks
>
> Are you any good with apache configuration? I have been trying to get multiple web services running under the same domain name ie owncloud, elgg, gallery3 and such, but I am struggling to get them all running.  I can get https, but I have to manually put it in even with a redirect in the file. If I send the files can you point to the errors for me to amend? I have been searching the web, but I can't find what I am after, perhaps I am not using the appropriate terminology.
>
> Scott.

You can create virtualhosts to handle subdomains and redirect requests to subfolders of main domain.
<VirtualHost *:80>
ServerName owncloud.example.com
Redirect / https://www.example.com/owncloud/
</VirtualHost >

Or you can add rewrite rules to your default virtualhost.
RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^owncloud\.example\.com$
RewriteRule ^/(.*)$ https://example.com/owncloud/$1 [R=301,L]

--
Türker Sezer
TS Design Informatics LTD.