[Wylug-help] Sub domains

Türker Sezer dirigeant at gmail.com
Sat Nov 23 21:08:16 UTC 2013

On Saturday, November 23, 2013, linux wrote:

> Sorry I probably didn't explain it properly. Take for example
> cloud.mysite.com, I have named vhosts set up and working from the
> internet, however if I am connecting to cloud.mysite.com from my home
> network/internet - which is the same network the server is on - it does not
> recognise it.

Some home routers may cause that problem. As a simple solution, you can
define local ip of your server in your /etc/hosts file to connect it.

You should add this line as a new line to /etc/hosts file of your
client computer.

<server_ip> cloud.mysite.com

e.g
192.168.1.10 cloud.mysite.com owncloud.mysite.com sub3.mysite.com

--
Türker Sezer