[Wylug-help] Laptop cleaning

Gary Stainburn gary.stainburn at ringways.co.uk
Mon Dec 15 10:40:28 UTC 2014

Air duster was also going to be my suggestion.

Just a couple of workds of caution.

Make sure it's unplugged and the battery is disconnected.

There is a lot of condensate left if you're heavy handed with compressed air
or either it in short bursts and leave the laptop to dry out afterwards

Don't blow directly into fans. They'll end up spinning 10's of times faster
than designed and can stuff the bearings.

Having said all that it's still the simplest, most effective answer.

On Monday 15 December 2014 10:21:53 James Holden wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Laptops aren't generally hard to get to pieces, there are probably youtube
> videos specific to whatever model you have, or you could track down a
> service manual on the web. Keep track of which screws came from which holes
> as they're often different lengths.
>
> Most likely though, a good blast of air duster in the vents will be good
> enough. Do it outside, you'll be surprised how much dust comes out.
>
> Regards,
>
> James
>
> On Sun, Dec 14, 2014 at 11:57:03PM +0000, Türker Sezer wrote:
> >    Hi all,
> >    I have a two-years-old Acer laptop (V3-771G) I think, it needs some
> >    internal cleaning because its fans started to work so fast in last
> > days. I couldn't find any official Acer partner in Leeds from Acer
> > website and i couldn't trust gadget fix or similar companies because of
> > reviews in web.A Do you know any trustworthy company for laptop
> > maintenance in Leeds? Regards,
> >    --
> >    TA 1/4rker Sezer
> >    TS Design Informatics LTD.