[Wylug-help] very simple HTML table colwidth issie

Gary Stainburn gary.stainburn at ringways.co.uk
Thu Jan 23 14:54:52 UTC 2014

Simon,

The problem with having everything as a single table is that I have not
managed to get a workable solution where the header row stays visible when
the datat is scrolled - spreadsheet style.

The live tables are 25+ columns by hundreds of rows.

I have tried various publically available methods. The best I found was the
jquery library handsontable, but that randomly failed in IE and was overkill
for what I wanted

If anyone can suggest other tools for me to try instead of re-inventing the
wheel I'm happy to have a go

Gary

<gary.stainburn at ringways.co.uk>wrote:
> > My premis is that I have used identical text to define both tables so
> > surely
> > both should be identical when rendered.
> >
> > In both cases the table is larger than the DIV that contains it, but with
> > overflow allowed on both I would have thought that this was not the
> > problem.
> >
> > I cannot see why on the header table the TD is 'X' number of px wider
> > than in
> > the data table, where 'X' seems to be a constant
> >
> > On Thursday 23 January 2014 13:58:25 Simon Greenwood wrote:
> > > Hi -
> > >
> > > The table header and the table data have to be within the same table or
> > > they don't know about each other. You can use divs inside the table to
> > > define styles. IE is probably more fast and loose with this that
> > > Firefox and Chrome are. If they don't match up after that then you may
> > > have to fiddle with padding and colspans.
> > >
> > > s/

> > one

> > don't

> > it