[Wylug-help] Managing volunteer organisation online...

Nigel Metheringham nigel at dotdot.it
Sat Jun 7 15:41:04 UTC 2014

Smylers wrote:
> Nigel Metheringham writes:
>> I want to email a set of people a list of options, and collect
>> people on the other showing which people can do each option.

> Try setting up a Google form, and see how tedious it us to define each
> of the checkboxes. If you can cope with that (a one-off tedious set-up
> process done by you but not a burden on the form-filler-inners), the
> rest of it should be fine.

The form handling is pretty primitive - there appears to be no
alternative to manually setting up each form option, but it pushes the
collected data straight into a spreadsheet.  Finding a short cut for
google forms would be a good answer...

I also went off and looked at SurveyMonkey and SurveyGizmo.  Creating
the form is much simpler - just paste in a set of options, one per line,
and it just works... but you need a paid account to export the collected
data as a spreadsheet (free accounts only allow info to be seen
internally) and their pricing starts fairly high for low usage.
Actually this is to the extent you think its worth starting up a trial
account 4 times a year (seems like a bad business model for them).

Roger Greenwood wrote:
 > Have you looked at calendartree.com <http://calendartree.com> ?

Had a look - that does propagation of schedules to collections of
recipients - rather than collecting responses.

	Nigel.
--
[ Nigel Metheringham ------------------------------ nigel at dotdot.it ]
[                 Ellipsis Intangible Technologies                  ]