[Wylug-help] Wifi DNS Problems

Dave Fisher davef at davefisher.co.uk
Tue Nov 4 17:56:22 UTC 2014

For some weeks now, I seem to have lost dns lookup capabilities over
other people's wifi networks on my Acer 720 (running Ubuntu LTS).

The weird thing is that I have no problem whatsoever on my home wifi
network, which presumably follows similar rules.

I can authenticate and connect to any network, but am completely
unable to route through to the internet.

I've never really understood Network Manager and forgotten most of
what I used to know about setting routing etc via ifconfig, so can
someone suggest some sort of diagnostic procedure that I could use to
identify the actual problem?

Thanks