[Wylug-help] More DNS/ routing problems

Gary Stainburn gary.stainburn at ringways.co.uk
Wed Nov 5 09:22:38 UTC 2014

On Tuesday 04 November 2014 18:03:05 Darren Menachem Drapkin wrote:
> I am having similar problems with routing to Dave Fisher. I have a laptop
> that can, in my case, conncect to the internet via a cable to a router but
> can not even detect the same router via wifi.
> Could these be related ?

This sounds more like an authentication problem.  When connecting via the LAN
cable you do not need to authenticate and therefore it works.

However, I have seen on some computers and some phones with some WIFI routers
that if authentication fails it still appears to connect but then the IP
layer does not configure.

As above, have a look at your IP settings. Make sure your IP/subnet/gateway
are set.

Cat /etc/resolve.conf and see what is in there. NetworkManager should have
updated it on most Linux Dists.

Gary