[Wylug-help] LDAP setup on Centos 7

Gary Stainburn gary.stainburn at ringways.co.uk
Fri Nov 27 16:09:56 UTC 2015

On Friday 27 November 2015 16:01:07 Simon Greenwood wrote:
> Your root dn should be something like cn=Manager,dc=ringways,dc=com, which
> is your admin user, then that is the dn that you have set up with your
> credentials. I'm doing this myself at the moment and have found a couple of
> useful tutorials which I don't think I have bookmarked here. Using a GUI
> makes it a bit easier to visualise - I'm using Apache Directory Client.
>
> s/

Hi Simon,

Is this a reply to my original post?  If yes, then I appear to have fixed
that.  I was indeed setting up "cn=Manager,dc=ringways,dc=com" but it looked
like there was a problem with the hashed passwords.

Once I recreated bot the roo password and the Manager password I could then
log in to action the last step.

However, that step then failed as shown in my last post

> [root at ollie2 ~]# ldapadd -x -D cn=Manager,dc=ringways,dc=com -W -f
> basedomain.ldif
> Enter LDAP Password:
> adding new entry "dc=ringways,dc=com"
> ldap_add: Naming violation (64)
>         additional info: value of single-valued naming attribute 'dc'
> conflicts with value present in entry
> [root at ollie2 ~]#

If your reply is relating to this problem, then I don't understand what you're
trying to say. Sorry.